Jun 16, 2011

Mexican Fruit Salad


I really heart Mexican food. Mexican food makes our menu quite often. However, I always have a problem figuring out what to make with a Mexican main dish. I do cilantro rice quite often. Sometimes I do fresh pineapple. Other times we do refried beans. For awhile I have been looking for a new Mexican food side dish.

While food blog stalking, I found a recipe for Mexican Fruit Salad and decided to give it a try. SO deliriously happy I did. I found a new side dish for my Mexican meal. Now, I do not know the authenticity of this salad...but I do know it is yummy.

So if you are looking for a new side to go with your favorite Mexican meal like Honey Lime Enchiladas or Baked Creamy Taquitos, then put this in your cooking arsenal.

Mexican Fruit Salad 
adapted from Food.com

4 cups strawberries, sliced
2 cups mango, diced
2 cups watermelon, cubed
1 cup pineapple chunks (canned or fresh)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder

Mix all the fruit in a large serving bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and gently toss until well mixed. Chill for 1 hour. 

Serve it up!


Perfect.

2 comments:

mamagale said...

77I knew I could count on you for a good side dish for Mexican food! I am feeding the missionaries today and need something to go with that yummy Mango Chicken recipe I got from you! Love your blog!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Thanks JoAnna. That means a lot. Hope it is delightful and that you have fun with the missionaries!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...