Oct 22, 2015

Daniel Tiger Halloween Costume


Daniel Tiger in Halloween costume form. Could there be anything cuter? This boy LOVES himself some Daniel Tiger. I have known for months this would be his costume. This year we had a bit of a different situation with Halloween costumes.

Normally we have a family theme. There has been Toy Story, superheroes, Star Wars, Phineas and Ferb, and book characters. I kind of thrive on themed costumes. This year...

There.

Is.

No.

Theme.

Ack.

I figured with two older kids, asking them to somehow fit a theme that includes Daniel Tiger wasn't very practical (or nice). So no theme.

If you follow me on Instagram (@larissa_anotherday) you might already know what some of the other costumes are. None of them going with each other.

Enough about all the no themed costumes already. Let's talk about this Daniel Tiger.


I die.

I started this costume with a basic pattern. I used the Simplicity 1032 pattern. It is a basic jumpsuit with a hood animal pattern.

In order to make Daniel, I had to alter the pattern a bit.

I added strips onto the hood, ears, legs, and tail.


I used the pattern's cat instructions, but I rounded the ears.



Daniel Tiger also needs his red sweater.


I roughly used the pattern to make a sweater. I added applique pockets, a collar, and a jacket zipper.

The pattern does seem to run a little big. This was a size 3T and it is obviously HUGE on him. No worries though, it just makes him more cozy.

The fabric I used for the costume:

fur felt- fur/stripes
red fleece- red sweater
soft flannel-hood lining

He loves it, so I love it. He is so cozy and so cute! I really cannot get over it.

It will be a beautiful day in the neighborhood and a beautiful day for this Daniel Tiger neighbor. No doubt.


Come back tomorrow to see the next costume. Ooh so exciting.

2 comments:

Corrie- said...

This is adorable!! I get the need for a theme, this year my two are a princess and a knight, but I steered them that way. I really wanted them be Prince William and Princess Kate at their wedding, but no one was in favor. Your costumes are going to be such fun dress ups after Halloween. You are one talented lady!

SStockhoff said...

Everything about this makes my heart happy! 😍 Cutest Daniel Tiger ever!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...