Nov 14, 2013

Gingersnap Cheesecake Bars



Cookies. Cheesecake. Cookies. Cheesecake.

How does one choose?

Oh pish posh, who needs to choose...let's have both.

The cookie part of this bar is one of my very favorite cookies. It is a soft gingersnap cookie. Okay it is really more like a molasses ginger cookie. The snap in the gingersnap is subjective. I have liked these cookies ever since my dear sweet college roommate made them for me.

Once I was married and I couldn't have her living with me at my disposal to make me cookies, I figured I should probably get the recipe and make them for myself.

I have been making them ever since.

I especially make them a lot once the holidays roll around. The gingeriness (totally a word) of this cookie reminds me so much of not only Fall, but also Christmas. So I figure it is fair game to make these cookies as much as I want between September and the end of December.

I also like to experiment with the recipe. By experiment, I mean adding the cookies into all my other favorite desserts.

In this case, these soft ginger cookies met up with my friend cheesecake.

I felt it was only right to introduce them.
 

Don't they seem like cozy friends already?

I tell you what, these are amazing. I was pretty much lacking in any self control around these Gingersnap Cheesecake Bars.

They made my day. Yes, dessert can totally do that.

There is scientific proof.

Okay, so maybe I made that whole scientific proof thing up, but dessert can make your day...

...you guys know what I am saying.

Go ahead punk...er...I mean Gingersnap Cheesecake Bar, make my day.


Enjoy! Happy Fall and happy gingeriness!

Gingersnap Cheesecake Bars

cookie:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon

cheesecake filling:
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

sugar (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350.

In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and the sugar until fully combined. Then mix in the egg. Next, mix in the molasses.

In a separate smaller bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.

Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the bowl of the sugar butter mixture. Mix until completely combined.

Take a little more than half of the cookie dough and press it into the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish.

Press it firmly.

Take the cheesecake filling and spread it over the cookie crust in the pan.

With the remaining cookie dough, break apart small pieces and just randomly cover the top of the cheesecake mixture..

Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the middle is set.

Remove from oven, and let cool on a wire cooling rack. Once it has cooled completely.  Remove the Gingersnap Cheesecake Bars to the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

When ready, cut them up, serve them up, and wait for the accolades.

Thanks for reading!

Follow along with Just Another Day in Paradise

Instagram        Facebook        Pinterest        Twitter

linking here:
Six Sisters Stuff, Liz Marie Blog

3 comments:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

I love cheesecake bars, these sound so good! =)

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

This looks like my kind of treat, yum!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I found this recipe! I'm going to make these for a Christmas dessert. However, I am a little confused with one of the steps. Taking the leftover cookie dough & breaking it in to small pieces? How do you break cookie dough? Do you mean to take spoonfuls of cookie dough and drop it randomly over the cheesecake filling?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...