Aug 25, 2013

Twelve Years


Twleve years ago Him and I became a We.

We got married in one of the most beautiful places in existence.
The day was really rather grand and pretty close to perfection.

My day started at 4:30 a.m. I got ready in the apartment that would be our first home, with my mom and sisters sleeping close by. I got ready with no hot water since it had not been turned on yet. 

It was early.
I was tired.
I was cold.

I had never been more happy or more excited.

I was on the short countdown to being Wife to Hubby.
Nothing else seemed to matter in the early dawn of August 25, 2001.

Before long, I was in a very quite car with my parents, driving the 40 minutes to the Salt Lake City Temple.

I reveled in my excitement. I looked forward to seeing him. I was giddy at the thought of being married to the man who absolutely and with out a doubt completed me. I dreamed about the journey we were about to start and I painted possible details in the picture of our future together. All in the quite car ride.

We arrived.

I went in a Miss and after a sacred and beautiful ceremony, I came out a Mrs.

I was now married to a man who gave me love, peace, confidence, security, friendship,
laughter, butterflies, safety, and eternity. He continues to give me these things everyday.

By far, this was the happiest day of my life.
I have had countless happy days since, but all of my happiest days since can be directly tied back
to the day that I married this man.

That happiest day on August 25, 2001 was the gateway to which I got to every other happiest day of my life.

Not every detail of the future may have always been completely known, but with him my future was sure.

My heart is full, yes quite sappily I know, of gratitude for this man, this marriage, and this life we share together and the one we will share together forever.

Dear Hubby,
Thank you for 12 of the most spectacular years of my life.
I am looking forward to all the years ahead of us.
I love you so much.
Love,
The Wife

Thanks everyone for letting me 
indulge in my reminiscent and sappy 
emotions today.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary love birds! Have a good day!

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Happy Anniversary!

Your wedding photo is so pretty, I love it!

Corrie- said...

Congrats on 12 years! I loved seeing your beautiful wedding photo. Here's to your eternity together!

Melanie said...

YEAY! Happy Anniversary you two!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...