Jun 19, 2013

A Pinteresting Wednesday: Batman T-shirt

Don't forget to enter the




It is A Pinteresting Wednesday. Woot! Woot!

I actually made this shirt a couple months ago. I don't know why it took me so long to share it with you. Especially since I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this shirt.

I mean LUHHHVE.

I first saw this shirt idea on a friends board. I actually saw it and then just kept the idea in my head. I finally pinned it to my Little Men Clothing board as I was making my knock-off.

The original shirt is an adult shirt, and while I am sure Hubby could rock it, I really wanted one for Little.

So in an afternoon, I designed and the made my own.

Little wore it quite cutely, wouldn't you say?

I originally shared this on Instagram 
(follow along @larissa_anotherday)

I hand drew the batman mask image.


Then I scanned my drawing into the computer. I opened the image in Picmonkey and then I added in the writing using the font Amatic Small Caps in various sizes.

Once the image was saved, I imported the image into my Silhouette software. I cut it out in black flocked heat transfer vinyl from Expressions Vinyl.

Keeping it real moment--the teeny tiny letters were a little tedious, but with a small pair of tweezers it is doable.

Man, was it totally worth it. I love this font and I think it makes this shirt.


This is probably my most favoritest shirt to date. Maybe my most favorite Pinterest project to date.

Ah man. Love. Wait, I said that already.

I also love Pinterest.


Follow Along with Just Another Day in Paradise

Bloglovin'         Facebook         Instagram         Pinterest         Twitter

Thanks for reading!

Sharing here--

Lil'Luna, Life with the Crust Off,
The 36th Avenue, Rae Gun Ramblings,


14 comments:

ColleenandKendra said...

That boy is beyond cute. I can't stand it. I love the vintage lunchbox prop. I really hate that you guys live hours and hours and hours away. I want to squish those boys!!!

Life With The Crust Cut Off said...

This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-linky-party-21/
Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
Hosted by:
http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
We hope to see you there!

My Recent Favorite Books said...

This is so cute! =)
You make the cutest things!!

Great job!!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Thanks ladies!!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Wish we were closer too! I can guarantee we would have fun!

Amanda said...

Love it. Love little. Miss you guys. Owen needs one, move back. :)

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Miss you daily! Owen does need one!

Kim said...

So awesome!

Jesseca said...

This is SO cute! I wish my little guy was more into batman!

Bethany said...

Any chance you'd consider sharing your silhouette file? My little batman would LOVE this!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Bethany,

I had considered it, but since I took so much of my inspiration directly from a shirt that a company sells (even though I completely created the image myself), I felt it was not okay to give it away.

So sorry!

Becca S said...

Can you share where you purchase the vinyl you printed it on? Also which silhouette do you own? I'm interested in one, but honestly have no idea where to start. Thanks! and I want to add real quick that I think yours looks way better than the original! The handwriting font is so adorable!

Unknown said...

I want one! Please??

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Becca,

I get all my vinyl from Expressions Vinyl. They have lot of selections. The other thing that I really like about the, is that they will cut it to fit your machine. I have a Silhouette SD, which is the older version of the Silhouette.

I do love my machine. I personally prefer Silhouettes over Cricuits because you can use your own images and fonts.

As for which Silhouette, I would definitely go with the ones formatted to cut larger images, that way if you ever need to cut something large, you are not limited.

Hope that helps!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...