Apr 8, 2013

A Charlie Brown Birthday Party


Whoosh! Guys, what a week. Heck what a month. Okay let's be realistic...it has been a crazy SEVERAL months.

Good news folks! This Charlie Brown Birthday Party marks the end of our CRAZY, with a capital CRAY, run of birthdays.

Little came up with this birthday theme around Christmas time when he developed a mild obsession with all the Charlie Brown movies playing on Netflix. I readily agreed because to be honest it is really hard to tell Little no when he asks so sweetly.

For the next 3ish months we have heard of very little else.

He was very excited. In fact in every sweet little prayer he has uttered for the last month plus, he has thanked Heavenly Father for his birthday and birthday party coming soon.


It was really rather sweet.

So sweet in fact that I was given to panic when just a few short weeks before his party, nothing was actually planned, and I was worried about letting his sweet face down.

AHHH!!!  

A Charlie Brown Themed Birthday Party was a little harder to put together than I had anticipated.

Everything finally came together and there was plenty of Charlie Brown fun!

I decorated with a lot of yellow and black in true Charlie Brown fashion. Although, did you know that Charlie Brown did not always wear his oh-so-well-known yellow with black chevron?

I found that little gem out while putting stuff together for this party.

For a little pop there was some red added in, but it was just a tad since Charlie Brown was the star.


One of my favorite things were these simple graphic Charlie Brown poster that I made using PicMonkey.



Ya wanna know what my very favorite part was?

The birthday boy in his custom-made Charlie Brown Shirt was my very favorite part.


The kids' favorite part was lunch.



The lunches were packed with traditional lunch items.

Fresh cut red apple slices.


Pretzel twists.


Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies.


Of course we can't forget the PB and J. Everything was nestled in a cardboard lunch box.


 Just add a glass of milk and let the eating begin.


Happy, happy eaters.



Cute, happy, happy eaters.


We followed lunch with a few games, hot potato Snoopy being the crowd favorite.

Next we went on to coloring and chalkboard fun.


Coloring took a lot of concentration.


They weren't concentrating hard enough to forget about the baked goods though.



Black frosting adds a bit of fun to an otherwise boring cupcake.


Little had a really good time and as always, was very appreciate by saying "thank you" over and over.

When the party was done he said "thank you" to his little friends with Charlie Brown take home gifts.

My new favorite thing is printing on lunch sacks. I am all set to show you how I made up these bags tomorrow in a little tutorial.


Thanks for sticking with me last week while I was MIA. I would send you each a little Charlie Brown Thank You, but that would be a lot of lunch sacks AND more ink than I could buy at Sam's Club.

So accept my little virtual "thank you". You guys are the bestest.

See ya tomorrow!

Linking Here:

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

It turned out great!! So cute!

Jessica Boling said...

Super cute! We have birthday madness at our house too. Halloween-March 31st is filled with birthdays. I'm finally able to breathe once April arrives.

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Thanks!

I know what you mean about birthday madness, I have about the same timeline. April comes and I am ready to veg out!

the cape on the corner said...

how adorable! love the way you used the chevron to make the whole theme, and his super adorable shirt. i'd say this was a success!

Huckleberry Love said...

What a fun party! Your little guy looks like he had a blast. :) The cupcakes are my favorite part!

We'd love for you to share this with our link party, Much Ado About Monday, if you have a chance. :)
http://www.huckleberrylove.com/2013/04/much-ado-about-monday-no-4.html

~Emily
www.huckleberrylove.com

Stephanie said...

What an adorable party! I love how you picked just a couple of colors/patterns and worked them in everywhere!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Thanks Steph!! I do love doing color themes in a party.

Sugar Swings said...

I want someone to throw this party for me!! love all the detail!

Anonymous said...

What a great party! I love Charlie Brown :)
Thank you so much for stopping by and linking up on Much Ado About Monday with Huckleberry Love! We hope you come back next week!

Karla
www.huckleberrylove.com

Jamie @ Huckleberry Love said...

We loved this party and it is being featured on our Friday Features! Come on over and grab an 'I Was Featured' button and display it proudly!

Hugs,
Jamie
www.huckleberrylove.com

Unknown said...

This is adorable!! I would love for you to share at my Tasty Thursdays linky party and GIVEAWAY. Going on until Sunday. Hope to see you there and spread the word!! Thanks, Nichi – The Mandatory Mooch
http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2013/04/tasty-thursdays-36-giveaway.html

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

OK ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! The little shirt is just clever and he looks like he is in awe of the party! Your atention to detail is amazing! Thank you for sharing at Monday Funday! Featuring this on our facebook page today. Have a wonderful Saturday! Bonnie @ Uncommon Designs ;)

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

What a fabulous party!!! Wow, you did an ah-mazing job!!!
Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

Lindsey said...

Holy cow this is adorable!!! :) Love the cupcakes. :)

toddlindsey.com

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

This is just about the cutest party EVER! You are amazing!

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

This is seriously the cutest party ever!! love it!

cre8ivesky said...

NO ONE rocks the party like YOU do! Love the wall posters and the shirt- this is truly awesome, Larissa!

McKenzie @ Girl Loves Glam said...

You totally know how to rock a party!

Rita said...

This is adorable! All the details are just amazing! Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

This party is so stinkin cute!!! You are way talented, girl!! I love Charlie Brown, too. =) I pinned this on Pinterest and I'm headed to share it on my FB as well!

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

I saw your party featured over at the Finding the Pretty & Delicious link party ... I had to pop over and tell you, I cannot get over how CUTE your party was!! Nicely done!! Pinned ;) Thanks for sharing!! Congrats on the well deserved feature!! ;)

Tasmin said...

My little boy actually IS named Charlie Brown, so we are using these ideas for his first Birthday party. Cheers from Sydney Australia!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

I love that your son's name is Charlie Brown!!! I also love that you are stopping in to say Cheers from Australia! Cheers to you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...