Mar 14, 2013

Taco Casserole


This is a family classic.

I have had this meal for as long as I can remember. We had this all the time. It was a big having-company-over-for-dinner meal. I mean Tacos are a crowd pleasure and put them in casserole form and now they can feed a crowd.

I am pretty sure my family got pretty well known for this casserole. Kind of like a living legend, if I might say so.


When I first got married, I really only made this a few times. Mostly because two people don't so much need a whole casserole to themselves.

Plus one of the aforementioned two wouldn't classify herself as a casserole kind of girl.

Once our family got larger and our Little Men became bottomless pits and food vacuums Taco Casserole made the menu once again.

It made it back on the menu to the cheers of the boys (biggest boy included).

Quite literally, they actually cheer when they find out what I am making.


Nothing quite like gathering together as a family around a dish of love and tradition...

...scooping out a heaping helping...


...and eating a plate of Taco Casserole with my kids helping my memories become their memories.

'
This meal is insanely easy to make. Throw it together. Bake it for just a bit and then serve it up warm to the cheers and yums of your dinner table.

I sure hope you enjoy this family recipe as much as my family does.

Taco Casserole

Printable Recipe

1 pound lean ground beef, cooked
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can of turkey chili
6 cups tortilla chips, broken up
1 1/2 cup light sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook ground beef in a skillet. Drain off fat if necessary. Season the hamburger with the taco seasoning. Add in the can of chili. Stir to combine. Set aside.

Place the broken-up tortilla chips on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Layer the meat mixture on top of the chips. Next spread the sour cream over the meat mixture with a spatula. Sprinkle the cheese on top.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and casserole is warmed through.

Serve warm with a side of rice.

Linking Here:

5 comments:

Corey and Jenessa said...

You're not kidding! This is literally one of my favorite things ever!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Hehehe...RIGHT!! Stockhoff Legacy baby!

Corrie- said...

We made this today when we had our nieces over...two thumbs up!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

YAY! I am so happy you liked it!

Lorie said...

YUM! Looks good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...