Feb 27, 2013

A Pinteresting Wednesday: Better Smelling Towels


Welcome to yet another A Pinteresting Wednesday. I haven't tried one of my pins of my Tips, Tricks, Good to Know board for awhile. I figured it was time.

Funny enough, this was actually from Hubby's boards (there was no actual link since it was pinned from an iphone so I can't direct you, sorry), but this is something we have both been wanting to try for a long time.

So try it we did. Obviously bringing out my inner Yoda.

We have these towels.

We have had them for a pretty long time. Some of them were even wedding gifts.

Explain to me the reason why towels you wash for years with delightful smelling detergent just end up smelling dank, old, and frankly quite nasty after awhile.

I pretty much hate it. 

Nothing worse than being all clean and then drying off with a stanky towel.

So this week I decided I would try to make my towels smell better.

I gathered up a handful of our towels.


I ran the towels through two loads.

First I ran the load with no detergent, just 1 cup of white vinegar with the water temperature on hot.

Once the first load is done, then I ran a second load with detergent and 1/2 cup of baking soda, again on hot.

After two runs through the washing machine, you dry them like normal.

Bam.

No more dank stank.

Fluffy and now with a refreshing clean smell.


So the lowdown to getting better smelling towels:

First Time: Run with no detergent. Use 1 cup of white vinegar and HOT water.
Second Time: Run with detergent. Use 1/2 cup baking soda and HOT water.
DRY

Now enjoy renewed towels.

Oh thank you Pinterest for making me a better housekeeper!

What has been a favorite tip or trick that you have pinned? Do share!

I would love for you to follow along on Pinterest and stay posted on the fun.



5 comments:

Amy S. said...

Do you have a front loader washer? Do you put the vinegar/baking soda directly into the washer or into the soap dispenser?

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

I don't have a front loader...I put the vinegar into the bleach container...I sprinkled the baking soda directly over the clothes.

Hope that helps!

Wylie said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! My husband and I were just brainstorming about what to do about our towels! I am definitely trying this tip!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

I hope it works for you too!!!

Stockhoff Family said...

This works on all kinds of "stank" clothes. I use it on your Dad and sister's smelly workout clothes periodically. Man I love vinegar and baking soda. When I bought the 6 lb bag of baking soda at Costco Dad just laughed but as always- Mom knows best- okay this time! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...