Nov 2, 2012

Rice Crispie Treat Pops



We just had an Avengers party over here.


I am hoping to have all my photo edited and ready to show you by Monday. Costumes are done and Halloween is over, so the chances are a lot better now.

Today I am sharing just one little bit of the party. I am showing you these Rice Crispie Treat Pops.

Cake pops are all the rage. Unfortunately, I seem slightly inept at making the oh-so-awesome cake pops. I can't roll them smooth enough. The sticks never stay put. Then the chocolate goes on haphazardly. Hours later I am nothing short of miffed. How does the famous Bakerella do it? I bow down to her awesomeness.

So from cake pop frustration, these Rice Crispie Treat Pops were born.

So easy. So pretty. So yummy!

For about 20 pops, here is what you will need:

6 cups rice cereal
1 bag mini marshmallows
4 Tablespoons butter
2 bags candy melt chocolate
food coloring
straws



Melt the marshmallows with the butter for 1 minute at 50 percent power. Stir. Repeat for 30 seconds at a time until melted.


Have cereal in a bowl set aside waiting for it's dear friend melted mallow.


Pour that melted mallow over the cereal.


Mix well. Press the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.


The rice cereal mallow mixture needs to set up for 20-30 minutes. Long enough to be set up, but short enough to still be soft and pliable.

While you are waiting, gather some extra lovely and especially awesome straws.


Cut them in half.


Now that the cereal treat is ready, take a small palm full. Please feel free to ignore my E.T. hand. Just focus on the yummy cereal goodness.


Place a straw in the center of your palm full of treat. Mold the cereal around the straw into a ball shape. Press firmly so that the cereal/mallow adheres to the straw.


Place them on a sheet of waxed paper to set up for several hours.


Forgive me for not having pictures for the next couple of steps. I was half out of my mind trying to get all the party stuff ready and seemed to forget I needed pictures.

So just picture it with me...

Melt your chocolate according to the package. I did one bag at a time. When one bag of chocolate was completely melted, I divided it into two bowls.

I used Wilton food coloring with the best results. Simply add some into the chocolate and stir.

Once the color was right, I dipped the bottom of the Rice Crispie Treat Pop into the chocolate. I used a spatula to help cover the pop a little more and to help smooth the surface out better.

Repeat with the other bag of chocolate and the other colors (that is if you are a nut bar like me and did four colors).

Let set up for a few hours.

Now they are ready.


Lovely.

They keep for about 24 hours uncovered. In an air tight container they keep for several more days.

Look for more Avengers fun next week.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

i laughed at your 'E.T. hand' comment, lol. those look yummy and your costumes came out great!

Ashley said...

omg this looks amazing! I made rice krispie treats this past weekend and omg ate every bit so so good.

Maggie and Sheepie said...

Just a warning to people... The large Wilton bag of white chocolate to melt with a picture of a chocolate fountain on top DOES NOT firm up like the regular Wilton bags of candy melts. I thought I was getting a big bag and using my Joann coupon efficiently. Not so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...