Oct 4, 2012

Cinnamon Chip Zucchini Bread


I have bags and bags of frozen zucchini in my, well obviously, freezer.

I shared a Chocolate Pecan Zucchini Cake recipe a couple of weeks ago. Man what a delightful little cake that was. Pretty sure if I was having an "eating my feelings" kind of day I could have eaten half of that cake by myself.

Around the same time I discovered that cake recipe, I came across a recipe for zucchini bread in our Sunday paper.

Yeah, who knew that the Sunday paper has more than the funnies, the Target ad ads, and coupons...

Coupons. Okay I am gonna digress for a minute. Go off on a tangent if you will.

So, the word coupon.

How do you say it?

"Q-pons" or "coo-pons"?

This has turned into to quite the point of casual argument in our house.

Story has it that one of the reasons that Hubby knew it was meant to be between the two of us is that we both said "coupon" the same way. We both said "q-pons". While I am sure my sparkling personality, breathtaking good looks, and innate wifely qualities truly hooked him, I guess this whole saying "coupon" the same way really sealed the deal.

So you can imagine his horror and utter disappointment when sometime in our marriage I, his lovely wife, some how randomly and inexplicably started saying "coo-pon".

Shock. Gasp.

Why? What caused the change? What is a husband to do?

Absolutely nothing. He just has to take it like the good man that he is. With of course the occasional mocking and ribbing to said wife for her "q-pon" deception.

So for me, "coo-pon" it shall be.

Okay, back on topic. Coupons. Sunday Paper. Recipe. Cinnamon Chip Zucchini Bread.

I came across this recipe, published by our local baking/kitchen store The Prepared Pantry,  while going through our Sunday paper.

I happened to have cinnamon chips already on hand. Cinnamon chips that I had purchased from that very store. Cinnamon chips that were used in my very Pinterest famous Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix (not only is this my most viewed recipe, but this is also my most viewed post EV-AH). You all really like yourselves some Chex Mix.

Since I had the cinnamon chips on hand, and the recipe called for cinnamon chips, I decided it was the baking universe telling me that I must make this bread. The fact that I needed to get rid of some more zucchini also had a teeny weeny influence.

I love pretty much everything about this bread.

I love the texture. I love the cinnamon chips. I love the subtlety of the zucchini. I love that there is zucchini in it so I can feel minimally better for eating half a loaf by myself. I love that this recipe makes TWO loaves so that no one is super mad that I ate half a loaf by myself because there is plenty to share.

I love this bread. The family loves this bread. The friends who I make eat it with me, love this bread.


Definitely add this recipe to your quick bread arsenal.

Also, remember stock up on cinnamon chips now since they are a seasonal item in the regular grocery stores and the season is now. The good news is that if you can't find them in your local grocery store. You can order them online at stores like The Prepare Pantry. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing?


Cinnamon Chip Zucchini Bread
The Prepared Pantry

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups grated zucchini
1 1/2 cups cinnamon chips

Preheat oven to 325.

In the bowl of your mixer, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.

In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla together until combined. Fold in the sour cream, oil, and zucchini.

Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix in mixer until just combined. Stir in the cinnamon chips. Do not stir anymore once the chips are incorporated.

Pour the batter into two well greased loaf pans (aprox. 8 1/2x4 1/2). Bake for 55-65 minutes or until done. Cool for 10 minutes on a rack. Remove loaves from pans.

Admire. Slice. Serve. Devour. Repeat.

Enjoy. Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks delish!

Michelle J. said...

Coo-pons all the way!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Yay, 1 more for coo-pons!

Melanie said...

Oh My YUM!


P.S. coo-pons!!!

Corrie- said...

This looks delish. We're making your soft pretzel bites for dinner tomorrow, it's our new General Conference tradition!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Ooh, pretzel bites. I want some now.

Marianne said...

I have cinnamon chips from that very place and of course plenty of zucchini. I'll be making this tomorrow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...