May 2, 2012

Strawberry Julius


I am spending a couple of days this week reposting the recipes that 
I have shared at Somewhat Simple over the past several months
as Food Contributor.




We have a copycat Orange Julius recipe at home and we have made it tons over the years. However, an impromptu trip to Orange Julius reminded me that they also sell Strawberry Julius. Oh it was heaven!
I immediately set out to put together a recipe for this delightful drink so that I could have endless yumminess in my own home. I figured it out and I am sharing it with you.


Copy Cat Strawberry Julius


Here is all you need:
1 cup strawberries, pureed
6 oz  frozen strawberry daiquiri (non alcoholic) concentrate
1 cup ice
1 cup water
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 tsp vanilla (the secret ingredient...yum)


After you have pureed the berries in a blender, add all of the other ingredients. Whip/blend it until all the ingredients are incorporated and frothy.


Pour into a glass, add a fresh berry, drink up and then wait for the involuntary "Ahhhhhh".
Delightfully refreshing. This drink doesn' t keep well, so remember drink it up...like that will be a problem!

1 comment:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

These look so yummmmmy! =)
Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...