May 9, 2012

Simple Burp Cloth Tutorial


I actually sewed something. Yep, that is right. I was able to sit down and sew something.

Now you know whatever I finally sewed after Bean was born had to be essential and it had to be a simple, SIMPLE easy project.

Enter this super simple and easy project- Burp Cloths


This is the perfect project for that wee one in your life or for a quick baby shower present. So here is a quick little tutorial for you all.

You need:

Any mix of the following fabrics-


flannel print fabric
flannel solid
coordinating knit or t-shirts
thread

I used flannel I had left over and some old t-shirts I had hanging around.

I made 6 burp clothes total.

I cut out rectangles from 6 different fabrics, 2 from each fabric. The rectangles measured 9" by 16".



First, I wanted to add a little "umph" so I cut out small scraps from two of the fabrics and I sewed the patch onto the solid side.


I went for the messy stitched look alternating randomly between different sized zig zag stitches and straight stitches.


After the patch is sewn on OR if you choose not to add a patch, layer the coordinating pieces of fabric together right sides facing.


Pin all around the edge and sew with a 1/2" seam. Leave an 3-4" opening to turn the burp cloth out.


Turn the burp cloth out so right sides are out. Fold in the opening edge to match the outside edge. Sew around the entire outside of the burp cloth, including closing the hole you turned it out with.



Bam. Now you have some cute little burp clothes.


Easy Peasy!

3 comments:

The Gilbert Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gilbert Family said...

Here is another easy idea for burp cloths. You know how with every child you get those thin receiving blankets that are never big enough to wrap the baby in (or they are big enough for about a week)and are not thick enough to keep them warm. Well turn them into burp cloths also!! I had like 3 packages of receiving blankets that I cut in half, then folded in half, sewed around the edges and then did an X in the middle so they wouldn't shift, and they were the perfect burp clothes. Plus they worked for the 3rd child since she was such a slobberer (no that is not a real word but I used it as if it were) they were perfect pinned around her neck like a bandana and they saved her clothes. Decorated a birthday cake this week and thought about you the whole time! Love ya and miss you.

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Barb, you are so smart! Great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...