May 25, 2012

A Little Ron Swanson Birthday Party




There is a little show called Parks and Rec. On this little show is a little character named Ron. Ron is pretty legit. He rocks a pretty wicked Stache and appreciates the finest food in America...BACON.

There is this girl I know. She might just be my sister. She might LOVE Ron.

She just had a birthday.

A Ron Swanson party might have been in order.

There was bacon. There were eggs. There was breakfast food galore.


There was a lovely little shrine to what I like to call Ron Swansonisms. Nothing like some advice from Ron.

Source of Ron Swansonisms

We couldn't forget about the Stache. We had a wall of staches and staches on a stick. Good times.


This lovely sign met our birthday girl at the door...she is the pretty, dark-haired woman he was referring to.


We may or may not have given her a fake stache and a fake gun to emulate Ron.


Dessert had to of course include bacon...otherwise Ron would never approve.

Bacon cupcakes of course.


We had to give presents...an ode to Ron multiplied by 2.

First this gem downloaded and printed off-

Doll #18Ron Swanson, Parks and Recreation
As promised, a brand new Parks and Rec doll.  There were just too many great things to include, I had to leave a few for another time.  
P.S. There are lots of more Parks and Rec paper dolls...
all equally hilarious.

The other present ala Ron is a little surprise...I will show you on Monday and I will have a little tutorial.

Here is a sneak peek. Along with the sneak peek at the gift, let us leave you with one last sentiment from Ron, which I just happened to turn into a birthday card.


Hahaha. We did have ourselves a pretty good time. Thanks Ron, this one's for you.

Sharing this PARTAY here-
Whipperberry Friday Flair
Be Different, Act Normal Show and Tell Saturday

8 comments:

Michelle@ Learning to Be a Mom said...

I just barely discovered your blog and I have been on it all morning. I love it. And this party idea is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I love Ron - he is the best. What an awesome idea for a party!
Jess

Taylor {Sew Much Love} said...

That is such a genius party idea! My husband and I were just laughing about Ron Swansonisms the other night when he found several sites devoted to him!

That party looks like a blast!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Michelle! Thanks I am glad I sucked you in...hahaha

Thanks Jessica and Taylor. Ron is the best!

laurawilson25 said...

That's hilarious!

Lisa said...

okay, so I LOVE that! How fun is that; boy, when you throw a party, you really throw a party! We know Ron's look/sound alike. We'll have to introduce you sometime :)

Stacy of KSW said...

Ha! This will probably be the only blog post I ever show my husband!! Great party, well done

Emelie said...

lol, i was right! I actually had heard of ron swanson!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...