Jan 5, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles


First off, let me apologize to any healthy resolutions out there. I know now is not the time to be posting yummy delightful treats. I had meant to post this before Christmas...ya know when we all kid our selves that calories don't matter and that we can eat as many goodies as we can...ya know that time of the wonderful every-lovin' year. Sigh, I am sad it is over.

Well, I just never got around to sharing it then...AND share it I must. I mean...cookie dough...chocolate...truffle...mmmmmmm.....yum. So healthy resolutions aside, here is a recipe for a little sweet treat. If you are feeling to guilt to have some now, well feel free to put it in your recipe box until Valentine's Day comes around...ya know the time of year when we finally stick our tongue out at our healthy resolutions and declare in the name of love we must once again have some kind of sugar!

AND if you are gonna have sugar...well it might as well be in the form of a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffle.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles


2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter,  room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 bag of Milk Chocolate OR dark chocolate/semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp or so of shortening (optional...gives chocolate the shine)


Beat butter and sugars and in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt and on low speed until incorporated. Stir in mini chocolate chips by hand.

Cover and chill dough for at least an 1 hour.

When dough is firm enough to handle, form dough into 1″ balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Place sheets in freezer and let chill for 30 minutes.

Melt the chocolate chips and shortening (if using) in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted and silky. Using forks or a dipping tool, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Tap fork on side of pan to remove any excess coating, and return to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until set. 



Store, chilled, in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Or freeze for frozen treats. Or have one or three two, then give them out to your friends, family, coworkers, or any one else needing some sugar.



Enjoy...like you won't!

I think that it is ironic that today while you read this I am 
having my glucose pregnancy blood work done.
These would have sent my glucose levels over the edge for sure! Hehehe.
Good thing we didn't have any sitting around.


Linking:
Friday Fun Party: Crationary

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

oh...my...gosh, i would be in heaven, lol. thank you for sharing! LOVE cookie dough and LOVE truffles so i will be making these! :-) it is funny that you posted this at the beginning of the new year, but hey, i can wait till around Valentine's Day to try these out, ha-ha. thanks!

Anonymous said...

Stop it! I'm on a diet and these look so yummy! I'm going to exercise now.

Melanie said...

Yes...those do look rather fantastic. Okay...who am I kidding. YUMMMMM!

Maggie and Sheepie said...

Yummy! All your recipes that I've tried are delicious and my friends love when I share them.

ColleenandKendra said...

Me: "Kendra, do these look good?"
K: "Can we make some NOW?" :-)

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Colleen- That Kendra is a smart girl!!!!

Venassa said...

Oh wow those look amazing. I need a sugar fix like right now.

vb-creations.blogspot.com

Hani said...

Oh My Gosh! They look SO delicious..
Thanks for linking up..
Love
Hani

Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm pregnant....gives me an excuse to make them & not have to share! haha

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

That really is the perfect excuse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...