Nov 9, 2011

Superman Party: Layer Jell-O Cups


This was a fun addition to not only the treats at the party but also to the decor. Here was my inspiration-


We have a family layered Jell-O recipe, but it called for more Jell-O and the middle layer is not just white. SO I of course perused the internet and found a recipe that I thought would fit a little bit more with what I wanted.

To make these doesn't take a lot of effort, just a bit of planned time and some pot washing. They can work with ANY color theme. I mean really if they make that color of Jell-O, then you can have any colors you want.

Here is what you will need:

3-3 oz pkg of Jell-O (tropical fusion, lemon, blue raspberry)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
3 1/2 pkgs of unflavored gelatin (not boxes, but the pouches inside)
container for layered Jell-O (I used clear plastic cups)

Mix your first pkg of Jell-O with 1/2 pkg of unflavored gelatin. Add 1 cup of boiling water and stir to dissolve. Cool to room temperature (you can always rush this process by putting it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes...but make sure to watch it or it will start getting solid). After it is room temperature pour it evenly into containers...mine filled 6 cups. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.

While that first layer is in the refrigerator, mix the can of sweetened condensed milk with 1 cup of boiling water. In a small bowl, sprinkle 2 pkgs of unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup water. Let it stand a few minutes and then add 1/2 cup boiling water to dissolve gelatin. Add this to the milk mixture and stir to combine. Cool to room temperature. Pour 1/2 of the mixture evenly over the 6 cups. Refrigerate for another 15-20 minutes.

The milk mixture can stay out. Repeat the Jell-O and layering steps with the other 2 flavors, going Jell-O, milk layer, Jell-O.

Now you have a perfect and fun layered Jell-O cup to match your party and delight your little party guests.


The Superman party saga continues tomorrow with an awesome play dough recipe!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

This look so yummy. I have the recipe you gave me for layered jello with sour cream over 8 years ago and still use it occasionally for a fun treat. ha ha....my kids would LOVE these! Thanks Rissa.

Unknown said...

I made these for my son's superhero party. They turned out great. I'll be linking back to your recipe on my blog tomorrow. www.meaningfulmama.com. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas. Love it!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

So glad they were a hit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...