Oct 10, 2011

In a Nutshell: Not Ready


Thursday last week I came upstairs about mid morning, passed a window and then gasped.

"Is that SNOW???" I horrifyingly thought.

Why, yes, yes it was. Ugh.


I was warned it snowed here. Snowed a lot. Snowed early. Snowed for months. I thought I was prepared. Alas, I wasn't.

The snow continued all day. What started with a dusting and ended in a good white blanket of snow.

I was too in shock the first day to pull out the kid's snow clothes (at least I had some right...well we were missing one pair of snow pants and a pair of gloves, but we improvised). Instead we cuddled inside and had popcorn for lunch and grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for dinner.

However, the next day when the snow was still liberally covering the ground, I couldn't hold them off any longer.

That much snow and you have to try to make a snowman.



Obviously the boys and their friend were undaunted by the snow. In fact they were ecstatic.


When the snow melted by Saturday they were a little bummed. I could with confidence tell them that the snow would be back.

Welcome to Idaho. Welcome to a long winter!!! I am gonna need warmer socks and some long underwear.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I am in Idaho, What part are you in?

Gale, Ky quilter said...

I was just wondering where you live. I love fall and winter and wouldn't mind if it never got over 70 degrees. Unfortunately in Kentucky it can get up to 100 degrees or more in the summer - yuck! I'd rather have the snow any day - your little guys look like they are having fun! :)

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

WOWZA.. snow already? I'm in KY too.. as the commenter above. Its sunny and going to be 80 today. I wont be ready for snow until Christmas. I have to admit though.. it does look fun to play in.

Amanda said...

yuck! 80 and sunny here for this Indian Summer. Come visit. :)

ColleenandKendra said...

Wow. We are just happy that our temps have gotten down into the mid 80s. Wow.

Holly Wilcox said...

wow!! I can't believe that. I'm hoping it stays away for a few more months

Stefi said...

snow already?! And I thought Minnesota was bad when it comes to snow....I'll try not to complain so more about our winters :)

Caroline @ Artfully Caroline said...

Wow.. just looking at this makes me cold !! I would add fur lined slippers and a cosy wrap to that shopping list

Melanie said...

Rissa, Are you guys in Rexburg or something?

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

For all the wonderers...totally a word...
We are in Idaho Falls.
Snow is gone, but I am sure it will be back.
I think I need to buy some socks :)

Anabella said...

I live in Málaga (Spain) and here is still really hot... Summer last like 5 or 6 months... And of course, it doesn't snow at all... I would like some winter breeze, but nothing, we'll have to wait 'til november... Your kids look amazed!! They are having such a grear time with the snow!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...