Oct 6, 2011

Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

 
This recipe is making an appearance all over Pinterest...including My Pinterest. Funny enough a friend called me right before I made this, asking if I had made it. She wanted to know my opinion because she wanted to make it too. We thought it was a good sign that we both planned on making it. Then the day before we both made it we took it as a REALLY good sign that the recipe made an appearance on My Kitchen Cafe. She is a pretty good authority on what is yummy.

Boy am I happy we tried this. We loved it. Now I will say, we did apply the glaze more than the recipe called for. I wanted to make sure that the roast was nice and coated. I also did not have the exact spices the recipe called for. I thought I did, but alas no such luck. However, the spices I did use didn't seem to distract from the pork.

Would you like to make this? I think that you would. I mean look at it...

YUM.

We served this with homemade garlic mashed red potatoes, broccoli, and a chorus of  "yums".

Enjoy!

Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin
adapted from C&C Marriage factory via Pinterest


Pork:
2 pound boneless pork loin roast, trimmed of large fat pockets
1 teaspoon ground thyme (original was sage)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, finely minced or crushed
1/2 cup water



Glaze:
1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce



In a small bowl, combine thyme, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub all over the pork. Place pork roast in a slow cooker. Pour 1/2 cup water in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. With about an hour and a half left of cook time, make the glaze.  Combine the glaze ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens.  In the last hour, liberally glaze the roast every 15 minutes. This will ensure a really good flavor.


When the roast is done, remove from the cooker. Lightly shred the meat and then use the rest of the glaze to coat the roast.  Serve it up.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

That looks SOOOOOOOO good (don't mind the slobber).

Jilly said...

Well, We have started having dessert on Sunday night to make our family dinner that much more enjoyable. When I saw these on your blog I knew we'd be putting them into the rotation.
promotional pens

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...