Sep 7, 2011

The Inside...You Asked For It


Welcome to our home. We have really enjoyed this home so far...I am sure living in a hotel for over 30 days had nothing to do with it...wink, wink.

As I said yesterday, I decided to swallow my pride and give you a glimpse inside before we are done getting it ready. Since I am still a little paranoid, I am only showing you some of the first floor...AND I might be making commentary about what is changing...so hang in there...

Okay so this room is right as you come in. Notice, no pictures hanging up. For now they just sit out. Also the stenciling you might have seen on the arch will be going bye-bye.



Right as you come in is what we are making the formal dining room. AGAIN, nothing is hanging up. My poor mirror is so sadly sitting on the floor. We got a rug and I am hoping for curtains sometime.




Ahhhh, the kitchen. Gotta.to.LOVE. all that space. Does anyone notice the DOUBLE OVENS? Yippee-iy-oh-ky-ay. We are waiting on some bar stools for the counter and for an eat in area...will show that later.



I have never really shown our bedroom on the blog before because it is yawn-errific. It still lacks a little in decoration, but it is a great room. We love it. Fun fact: the first night we stayed in the room I laid in bed, turned off the light, and then saw something glowing on the ceiling above me...

The previous home owners had left them self a glow-in-the-dark reminder on the ceiling that said CELL PHONE...of course to remind herself to charge her cell phone. You can't see it during the day so no big deal for now...BUT I will have you know it has not helped me remember to charge my cell phone once.




Littlest's room is the most done boys' room. HOWEVER, it does need a paint job. I really want to paint it a softer chocolate brown with an antique white board and batten accent wall where the changing table is....we will see how long that takes me.




One of the best things about this house is all the STORAGE. Closets galore. I mean for reals people. The home owner did an AH-mazing job at putting shelves everywhere. We currently don't even have enough stuff to fill said shelves.



Glorious, right?

Okay my friends, that will have to tide you over. I am excited to share more with you as it comes. I am really excited for Oldest's new room, but were as it is currently HOT pink and will need short of a truck load of primer to fix...it might be awhile till I get that all done.

Off to get more done around the house.

14 comments:

Melia said...

What a fun new house for you all! Thanks for showing some of it. You shouldn't be too concerned about the lack of decorating. I have lived in my home for almost 3 years and still don't have very much on the walls. I just keep looking at what others do to decorate. :)

Abbie said...

That is one amazing house. You are a lucky girl! Take your time and enjoy decorating it.

Kristine Bunting said...

Where did you get that quilt on your bed? I love it!

Amanda said...

so cute!!!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful house!!!!!!!!!!! I'm feeling a teensy bit jealous over here in the UK! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your kitchen!!! I miss having an island soooo badly! Thanks for sharing!

Anabella said...

LOVE the kitchen!! I want one like that!! The storage is awesome!!

Adrienne said...

wow, very nice :-) i love that kitchen too and the double ovens should make you very happy, ha-ha. i love your bedding too...very pretty colors.

JasonDebbie said...

LOVE that kitchen!

ColleenandKendra said...

It's lovely so far, and going to be amazing when you work your skillz. :-) I love your kitchen cabinets! I had a double oven in MS...miss that thing. Thanks for sharing..great to see you are all doing well.

ohiolanges said...

Soooo happy for you guys!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Thanks everyone. We sure feel blessed to be in our home.

Kristine- the quilt is from Target like 2-3 years ago. I know that probably doesn't help!

Tasha said...

What a beautiful home!!! The kitchen is just fabulous. Lucky lady. I cracked up about the glow in the dark "Cell Phone" reminder.

Nyree said...

Beautiful home my friend! Both excited and curious to see what you have up your sleeve in the revamp

lesley: the dream tree said...

your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL! so jealous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...