Jun 13, 2011

Tee Shirt Makeover

 

Isn't a white t-shirt just the most perfect Summer outfit addition?!?

White shirts are pretty much a necessity in my wardrobe. In the summer, they are even more important. The other day I went searching through my closet and discovered something horrifying...okay not really horrifying but it was a little upsetting. My white tees were a hot mess. I had two perfect short-sleeved tees but you know that shall-not-be-mentioned-staining that occurs under the sleeve area, well it seemed both shirts have reached their limit of cleaning.

I only had one more t-shirt. This unfortunate one-


Oh what a mess. This shirt has totally stretched out and lost it's shape since I bought it. Don't you hate it when that happens? Since I had my heart set on wearing a white t-shirt that day...don't laugh at me, it is true...I decided I would just fix my shirt.

So easy.

I turned the shirt inside out. Then I pinned up either side making a new seam to follow. I followed the edge of the shirt taking off about an 1 1/2 off either side.


While I was taking in the sides I decided to also turn the 3/4 sleeves into short sleeves. I measured how short I wanted them and then gave an extra 1/2" for the seam. Then cut off excess.


I sewed up the sides following my pin markers and then I trimmed off the excess.


 On the sleeves I folded in the edge and then hemmed the sleeve.


Then I put it on.

Then I gave a "holla".
Then I made my 7 year old take my picture.

3 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Much better! = )You look great!

ColleenandKendra said...

Super cute. And hey. I soak my white shirts in a bucket with OxyClean overnight and it really helps with the "unmentionable under arm" stuff.

tryna* said...

brilliant! I have several t-shirts that have lost their shape. I never considered reshaping them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...