May 6, 2011

Itty Bitty Skirts

I know last week I promised the bitty version of this skirt. 



Well I made them, I promise. Then I gave them to my oh-so-sweet itty bitty nieces. Then I forgot to take a picture, and now I am far, far away from them. 

So today I am showing you some other itty bitty skirts I made for my newest and tiniest niece.


I used Jill's tutorial for these itty bitty denim skirts. I do alter her instructions a little. Instead of sandwiching the skirt into the folded band, I place the band with raw edges at the top and right sides facing. Then I stitch and then I fold the waist band up.

I also made another version. This time I used material from dress slacks underneath and then layered lace. Just add lace and get this lovely confection.


Every once in awhile I do enjoy sewing something all girlie and wonderful. Nieces are a perfect excuse.

3 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Ahhh! We love these skirts! And Clare will be wearing beer little flowered skirt this Sunday so I will send you a pic! Love you

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

By beer I meant HER. sorry!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

I was wondering when I made a beer skirt...hahaha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...