Sep 17, 2010

Today Nina from Momma Go Round is here showing you how to do a really cute t-shirt embellishment. I wish I hadn't been so lazy and that I would have whipped up myself one of these to stroll the beaches of Hawaii in...but I didn't.


Maybe I will have to whip up a long sleeved version of this to stroll the neighborhood in when I get back.




Hi everyone I am Nina from Momma Go Round. 


Momma Go Round


I am OBSESSED with this shirt. I saw one like this in JCrew last year and it was a small fortune for a t-shirt...let's get real.

So now, you can make your own JCrew
knock-off

Flutter Flower Shirt.




It's super simple and requires hardly
an materials!

Time to get fluttering!

Two matching t-shirts
Matching thread
Scissors
Needle

Cut 1 shirt apart into front and back.
Cut strips from one side of shirt. Vary widths of strips from 1" inch
to 1.5" inches.

Fold each strip in half along the
length of the strip to make the width smaller.



Cut each long strip into smaller
pieces about 1" inch long.


Cut small strips into B shapes.


Open Bs to expose petals.




Stack open Bs with centers on top of
each other. Vary how the Bs are stacked to create texture.





Sew a straight gathering stitch
through both open Bs down the center of the top open B.



Pull thread to gather Bs.





Pinch the underside of your now
stitched together flower.





Stitch back and forth through the
pinch to stabilize the gather.





Repeat to make all your flowers. My
shirt has 20 flutter flowers of varying sizes.





Once you have all your flowers, hand
stitch them on to your second shirt. Overlap some to create the full
look.


WARNING: Hand wash
and lay flat to dry. It takes FOR-EV-ER to unwrinkle and iron out each
petal if you use the washer and dryer.....not like that happened to
me or anything!




Photobucket


Thank you Nina! This is just about lovely.

Go and say hi to Nina and see all the other great stuff she has.

4 comments:

Anne said...

So pretty!! And I'm lovin' that yellow!! I linked to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-fluffy-flower-t-shirt/2010/09/18/
(Link will go live at approx. 8:00 pm CST tonight.)

--Anne

Jemenifer22 said...

Awww man this is GORGEOUS, LOVIN' IT! I see this shirt in my future!!! :-) Thanks for sharing!

Thoughts from my Page said...

This is so pretty in yellow. Love it!

Unknown said...

I think I'm going to give this style flower a try. I've made a few flower t-shirts and they are so fun...I love the way yours turned out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...