Aug 23, 2010

E-I-E-I-OH So Cute Puppets

FIRST: It is a new week of competition over at Made by Heidi. It is down to only three ladies. The voting has been INTENSE. I APPRECIATE and am so grateful for those of you who went and voted...even if you think this whole thing is silly...but did it just cause you love me. ONLY 3 more weeks of it...I promise. 

So head on over this week for our Nursery Rhyme themed projects and vote for your favorite.



Last week for I'm Made for Competition (which the thinning in the lining of my stomach and the thickening of my rump is telling me I am NOT made for competition...oh and the fact that I am getting BLOWN away in the voting...) I made some pretty stinking cute felt hand puppets.

The theme was On the Farm...so Old MacDonald had to make an appearance..


Old MacDonald (aka Santa in the off season...haha...) 


had a whole farm full of THE cutest animals



E-I-E-I-OH SO CUTE.



My favorite part was the back of these puppets. LOVED each little tail, spot and feather. I also LOVED that my boys begged to play with each one as I finished them. 

The fam favorite was this guy...



with a Quack, Quack here and a Quack, Quack there.

Since this was a pretty time consuming project I wanted to see exactly how much interest there would be in a tutorial with pattern. I have a simple photo instruction of how to assemble the horse puppet, which would give the basic instructions for all of them.  The labor intensive part...for me that is...would be to make my pattern ready to scan and download since I would have every teeny tiny detail of each puppet available to you.

SO are you interested??? Would you like to have this loverly projects on your to-do list? Let me know. If there is enough interest I will bust that out this week.

Linking up here-

Made by You Mondays- Skip to my Lou
Just Something I Whipped up Mondays- The Girl Creative
Making the World Cuter Mondays- Making the World Cuter
Weekend Wrap Up- Tatertots and Jello

46 comments:

Laura B. said...

New to the site and LOVE the puppets!

dsouth20 said...

Of course there's interest!!! These are adorable!!

Mindi said...

are you kidding?! SO cute!! teach me how!

Brandy@YDK said...

i have tons of felt! and need to make these

Trina said...

Love it! I totally voted for this too!! Would love a tutorial!

Kyla Armstrong said...

Ahhh! My kids would die if I made these for them. They are definitely on my to-do list and any help you offered on how to do them would be greatly appreciated!

Jessica said...

I'm also new to your blog and I LOVE those puppets! I would be very interested in a tutorial. Felt is one of my favorite fabrics to use. I have tons!

justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I japan to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these puppets!!!!! I want the tutorial desperately!!!!!! Please, oh please, oh please....

Unknown said...

Japan? I meant happen... My computer must have auto-corrected without my knowledge.... Well, it was good for a laugh!

Bouchizzle said...

I love them. You mean you wouldn't consider making a set for everyone? :) I'd love to add the project to my list.

Kameron Morrow said...

Totally interested in a tutorial! These are WAY too cute!

Anonymous said...

Love these!! I have a three year old's birthday party coming up. These would be perfect gifts!!

Erin Bee said...

I love these puppets. As long as they're fairly easy they would definitely go on my to-do list. My girls would love them.

Tanya said...

yes please! i've been dying to make these since I first saw them.

Betsy said...

I'm new to the site, new to sewing and Mom to a 2 year old boy who would LOVE LOVE LOVE those puppets! Please share!!!! They are precious!

Des said...

I would LOVE to have patterns for these, but I totally understand how time consuming it all is.

We make puppets for the Humanitarian Center all the time. These are so fun, I would totally make these!!

cself said...

how cute are these?!?! please show us your magic!

Peggy said...

Yes i would be interested pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tina said...

Teach me!!! Teach me!!! I have to make these for my sons!!

cz said...

Yes I would be interested in making these! they are adorable!

Rioj said...

I would love to learn I want to do a farm theme for my youngest boys 1st Bday and these would be perfect!!!!

Jenn K said...

Please please please!
Having a farm themed bday party next month and I would totally make these for favors!

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

Ah! Please do a tutorial on this! These are adorable and would be such a fun way to teach my 10 month old about animals.

Amy said...

I totally picked your project to vote for! I would LOVE to see a tute on these. Seriously sooo cute.

ificould said...

Um, YESSSS!!! These are so adorable - I'd love to see a tutorial for them. And I'm with you... the backs are my favorite part - so cute!

Cole's Corner said...

Those are so cute. I voted for them!

Jill F said...

Please do a tutorial. I love them, they are so cute.

Chartina said...

I would LOVE to make these for my little ones!!

Richelle said...

Those are super cute!

patsy said...

Oh I would LOVE the tutorial!!
I can't blame you for not wanting to do all that work... seriously though- they are so darn cute!!

Michelle J. said...

Please do a tutorial...those are darling!

Brittany said...

I would absolutely love to make these. The detail is amazing, and I totally agree that the backs just make them. They look like something that kiddos young and old would like too! Can't wait to try them out.

Kylie said...

So cute! I would love to make some!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

This farm is so adorable. You did such a great job!

AmandaRose said...

oh man this is just to stinking cute i'm a new follower for sure i hope you stop by mine as well

Amanda
http://patriciaraedesigns.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

So so love these. 100% interested in a tutorial/pattern. Must make these.

Stopping by from Tatertots and Jello. And yes, I am capable of writing complete sentences. I just choose not to sometimes. ;)

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

These are ADORABLE!!! I want to make them right now!! Love all of the detail...even on the backs!

Kara

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

Too cute!! I would love a to see a tutorial for those, my kids would LOVE them!

Caroline @ Artfully Caroline said...

This is totally adorable! I wish I had your skills!

Caroline
http://ateliercaroline.blogspot.com

community helpers said...

oh yes count me in i want one:)

thansen85 said...

I would love the pattern.

Stephanie said...

I would love to make these puppets as Christmas gifts for nieces and nephews. They're adorable!

Enjoi the Possibilities said...

I would love this for my daycare kids....they are so adorable.

Unknown said...

I am making these puppets for a girl from our church going to Africa to help in several children places. I have started this wonderful tutorial but I cannot find the blue wave in front of the duck. I know it is probably right in front of my eyes, sorry. Thank you for your time.

Stephanie J. said...

We are making these puppets as a Bronze Award for our Girl Scout troop in AZ and they will be donated to a child-focused nonprofit to encourage a love of literacy! THANK YOU!

Karen C. said...

Thank you for your generosity! I wonder if anyone else thought of using the patterns to make a Noah's Ark set?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...