Jul 12, 2010

12 Daytz of Christmas from Somewhat Simple

Today Stephanie from Somewhat Simple is here.



What, really?  Yep you heard it...

Her site is a WEALTH of great ideas, tutorials, guest bloggers, you name it she has it. She has a great library of gift ideas...seriously you should go to her blog and click on gift ideas under her "start browsing" label.

My FAV is this one

White Elephant Gift

probably because it made me actually laugh out loud, which I am sure made my huibby wonder what in the heck I was reading. Setting aside this hee-larious yet creative gift idea there are also a ton of other ideas. Friends here, don't be surprised if this shows up at our next white elephant party! Just sayin'


I am grateful she is stopping by today and sharing this great idea and that she is sharing a printable with us.

Take it away Stephanie..

In 2008 my husband and I were HORRIBLE at making time to spend just the 2 of us, so  I came up with the idea to pre-plan a date night for every month in 2009. I chose dates we probably would not have chosen to do had we decided on the fly to go out, which is usually what we did. Things like going to a comedy club or miniature golfing- all fun activities, but not something we ever made plans to do. When I gave him this for Christmas, I just printed it out on plain white paper and stapled the corners of each page- TOTALLY boring!

Today, in preparation for this post, I jazzed it up a bit and made them into coupons you can print and cut and staple together to make a coupon book. Feel free to copy any or all of these and give them to your special someone this year for Christmas.

Maybe it will spark your creativity enough for you to come up with some of your own as well! Enjoy!







Thanks Stephanie!

I love how this would force me to make time for something so important as a date with my hubby.
If you had the money and were prepared you could also buy the tickets/restaurant gift cards ahead of time 
and put those with the coupons. 

Got get some couple time!

THANKS STEPHANIE. AMEN! This is a great idea and can be personalized in so many ways!


4 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Very cute Idea!!

Julie S said...

Great idea and so cute how it all rhymes!! This is something my hubs would totally love too since its thinking outside of the box and ahead of time instead of doing the same old after sitting around for an hour trying to decide what to do!

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

Hey Larisa! Thanks for commenting on my name quilt - I linked it up here. I just found your blog a few days ago. I'm from Ohio too - maybe we're neighbors?!? :-)

Elle Belles Bows said...

Very good idea! Definitely helps to preplan the date nights. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...