Jun 18, 2010

Hey I Can Do That--Father's Day Gift


I saw a version of this project last week on the blog Bargain Hoot. Immediately I stored it away in my brain. Her project used a blank background and a bigger phrase. It is really cute, you should go and check it out. For my version I chose to use photos of my boys, edited to black and white, for the background instead of a blank white page.

Then I picked things I wanted to say and searched out the needed scrabble tiles.

Another difference in my process... I did not worry about right angles and I didn't have scotch tape, so I just individually glued and placed the tiles on. I managed to eyeball it pretty straight. This is that whole fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants part of me.

This was a super easy and quick project...you could totally still pull it off today.



A perfect little homemade Father's Day gift.

10 comments:

ColleenandKendra said...

totally love your take on this better! Love the pics of the boys as the background. And I am so like you---an eyeballer by nature, and it usually looks great to me! Spenc will love these!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Super cute idea!

ColleenandKendra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

such a cute gift! Good job!

V and Co. said...

i love it! and i love your colors with the black and white pics. soo classy!

M.O.T.B said...

So cute! I am sold, new follower!

Anonymous said...

Do you put glass on these? I was just curious if the tiles were to thick or how you did it. Thanks!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I included this idea in my Father's Day gift idea roundup today and linked back to your post :)

AttemptingAloha said...

Very cute! I pinned it and am linking to it for my "gifts for men" day in my Christmas series.

Aloha,
Charlie

Unknown said...

What kind of glue should be used to adhere the scrabble letters to the photo? I do not have a glue gun, and wonder if something else can be used? Thanks, LOVE this idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...