Jun 4, 2010

Hey I Can Do That! Diaper Caddy

Welcome to my 2nd installment of "Hey I Can Do That" aka "Hey why don't you actually make something from the growing lists of tutorials and projects you get from other people"

This week it came from a recent tutorial from noodlehead for a diaper pouch. Right away I knew I wanted to do it...here is a little secret though...

I have never sewn a lining in anything.

Another little secret...

The thought of attempting it made me want to hurl.

I decided to push through it because these are way too cute. Hey and you know what...


I Can Do That!



Behold my loverly diaper caddy, as I call it. 

This tutorial was SUPER easy to follow. I did change a couple of things. I did not use linen after seeing it was 14.99 a yard at my local fabric store. I decided to see if I could find something else.

Once again, Target to the rescue. They had these napkins and pillow slipcovers for CRAZY clearance prices. For less than $4 I got all this. It was enough to make two, with some scraps left over.




I also made a fabric strap instead of using the cotton webbing, simply because I didn't want to make an extra trip to the store. I think it turned out just as cute.

So now I know I can do a lining, and I can check a project off my list (don't worry I will probably find 10 more tomorrow). Plus I have a cute baby present for my son's teacher (ps if you are reading this SURPRISE, this is your gift).



Have a great weekend!
And if you need a new project on your list, head over to noodlehead and make up one of these.

13 comments:

chris said...

Way to go! See, linings aren't that scary. It turned out beautifully.

Anna said...

so cute larissa! you did a great job, love your fabric combo, too. :P

Unknown said...

Absolutely adore this! Gonna make my mother make it for me hahah.

I'm a new follower from New Friend Friday!

prendalestelle.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

way cute! good job!

thejoysofjess said...

Hey, I have those pillow covers!

Housewife Eclectic said...

Love that you used fabric from something else to create this!!

Thanks for the follow, I am returning it now!!
Debra, http://www.housewifeeclectic.com

Elle Sees said...

I don't have kids, so I don't understand these...are they in the car for emergencies? I'm not hatin' (haha) I'm just not a mommy, so I don't get it.

Stockhoff Family said...

smart girl using napkins and such. I want to spend a day in your brain to get all your ideas-on second thought that may give me a HUGE headache since I am an artistic dunce!! I love you

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Yours turned out cute! and so resourceful on finding lining material :D

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

That is a really great idea!!! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.
Bonnie

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

That is so cute! I bought those same pillow cases because I loved the design and price. I need to figure out what I want to do with them.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I can't believe you know Abbie! I loved the pattern and even better, my daughter loves her chair!

Simplee Crafted said...

Love this. I also stockpiled those same slip covers ($1.50) with hopes of making cute bags...love this diaper caddy idea.

Amy said...

I am glad to see you did the fabric strap - I was contemplating the same thing but haven't gotten there yet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...