Jun 16, 2010

Fish Recipe to Follow...Don't Die of Shock

Those of you who know me know that I am not a huge fish fan. I know I should be and sometimes I wish I was...I mean isn't it like one of the healthiest things you can eat??? 

Well hubby is a fan of food from the sea. He has been raving about this dish forever. I mean he LOVES it. He loved it enough to cook it for the fam in an attempt to convince me that I shouldn't write off all fish dishes. Guess what? I ate it. Okay so I ate it AND I didn't hate it. If you love fish already then you will love this dish. If you are iffy on fish then you will really like this dish. IF you are opposed to fish, then guess what, chicken is really good in this too...yes hubby even made me a chicken breast to go with it so I didn't have to be really brave my very first time out of the gate.

So go ahead give this a try...Don't be scared by the ingredient list. If you have everything prepped and in the accurate measurements, then it throws together really easy.

Ok, enough talking here is a recipe for-

Broiled Tilapia with Thai Coconut Curry Sauce
with Basmati Basil Rice



1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, divided (Olive Oil works just fine)
2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1 cup chopped green onions
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 teaspoons red curry paste
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
Cooking spray
3 cups hot cooked basmati rice (recipe below)
4 lime wedges



Preheat broiler.

Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add pepper and onions; cook 1 minute. Stir in curry powder, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and coconut milk; bring to a simmer (do not boil). Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.

Brush fish with 1/2 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.


Rice Recipe, start before sauce

1 cup basmati rice
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350°.

Place rice in a fine-mesh strainer. Rinse with cold water; drain.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine; bring to a boil. Cover; wrap handle of pan with foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, stirring once. Remove rice from oven; fluff rice with a fork. 


Serve fish with sauce, rice, and lime wedges. 


This recipe is one of the more time intensive ones I have done, but hey, if WE can do it, YOU can do it.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Yum!!! I'm so amazed at your blog and how big its become. Nice work! You can take of my collectively genius button if you want. I've moved on to other things for the time being and am not really updating the blog anymore. I am, however, going to make a bib necklace. I'm excited.

McIntire Madness said...

Thanks for providing all the new recipes for my family! I have made the Asain Spagetti and Yaki Tacos and printed this and the grilled chicken! I can't wait to try it.

Alicia said...

I make this same recipe about twice a month...it is SO good! Usually I just do diced up chicken...if I'm not in a fish mood. But that sauce is the yummiest ever and seems to be the most 'restaurant' like dinner I ever make. Love your blog...love your teen picture...that is the Larissa I remember! alicia snow

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...