May 17, 2010

Scrappy Brad Earrings

Remember these Flower Button Earrings?


Well the other day I was walking through a craft store doing what I normally do...that is meander through each aisle waiting for something to make my crafting light bulb go off. While walking through the scrapbook aisle...my long lost hobby, I am surprised I even remembered where that aisle is... 

I saw these--

Then that light bulb went off. I bought the little suckers for about $3.50. I promptly brought them home, plugged in the handy dandy glue gun and made myself some more earrings.


pretty lovely, don't you think?

I just about love 'em.





Side note: Hopefully you have noticed I made myself a button...FINALLY. Grab one, that would make my day. ALSO, friends and fam...have you noticed your names missing on my sidebar...no I don't hate you. I decided with the higher traffic, some of you may not want your blog linked where everyone can find it. SO I have put you all in my reader. SO no fear, I LOVE YOU, and I will still keep up on what you are doing in your awesome lives.




11 comments:

Holly Wilcox said...

Wow. I love those! It's amazing what they make for scrapbooking now.

Elle Sees said...

How did you make that button? I've been trying all morning.

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Elle

I so did not figure it out on my own. Here is a site I was guided to by a friend.

You will need some kind of photo editing program to make the button itself. Then just follow the instructions on each link. The first one is how to make the scroll box so you can grab the button. The second one is for the button itself.

http://jenieshell.blogspot.com/2008/11/how-to-make-scroll-box.html

http://jenieshell.blogspot.com/2008/11/how-to-make-blog-button.html

I will say, that even with help it took me forever, but that is because I am not too tech savvy. You could also google blog button and you will probably find another slew of how-to's.

Good Luck. May you be more tech savvy than me and not want to throw your computer out the window before you are done!!! Haha.

The Clegg Family said...

those are sooo cute! where did you get the bag of earring pieces? just at joann's? you are amazing!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Rach-

I got the brads at Hobby Lobby, but I am sure other craft stores carry them too.

tara said...

so totally cute and look at you all growed up and making buttons like a real grown up entrepeneural type. consider me impressed and so not worthy of your friendship. love ya babe

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Love the earrings! Very pretty!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Great idea! Those are extremely cute! I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "Featured' button.

aseknc said...

How nifty!!!

Heather said...

Very cute, nice repurposing!

Jenny said...

These are so stinking cute! I tend to collect too many buttons, so this is a great way to finally use them!

http://iheartjennysart.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...