Mar 9, 2010

Little Man Tie How-to Part 2



Little Man Tie continued from yesterday --


How to attach the tie piece to neck band:

Lay the tie with seam side up. Lay neck band in a U shape over the middle like so--





Take larger end and wrap over and then under the neck band piece closest, twisting the tie piece so that the seam side is still up, like this--




Take the small end and wrap over then under, twisting like you did above,



and pull through--



The tie should now look like a real tie. Pull tight so that the neck band is secure in and the tie knot is tight.



Hand sew the knot closed in the back so that the knot keeps a tight triangular shape.


DONE! Jump up and shout for joy. The perfect little tie...perhaps for the perfect little Easter outfit.




5 comments:

Darcy said...

Ok, you are a LIFESAVER right now. I've got a couple of ties that have been untied by little fingers, and I couldn't figure out how to make them back into a tie. But now I have a step by step guide with pictures Yipee!!! Thanks!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I am linking to this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

Alison B said...

genius. I've been trying to figure out how to make this! THank you!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

That is so cute! I love the little ties, but they are super pricey. When I make some I will link back to you so that you can see what mine look like.

Jessica said...

Thanks for posting so many great tutorials! I've got all my favorites saved in my craft/sew to-do box & I can't wait until I get to make some of the super great stuff you have shared with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...