Mar 2, 2010

Books My Kiddos Love


We love a good book in our house. We always have. As a family we started reading soon after our oldest little man was born. 

As a mom, I love a book with fun creativity. I also love a book that is funny. I also feel the book needs to hold our little mens attention (obviously to varying degrees).

Here are some of our favorite books.

The Hiccupotamus by Aaron Zenz



This book is FUN to read. The pictures are absolutely beautiful and completely captivating for not only readers, but also those being read too. Take time to read the back pages of the book too. The author is so humorous with is character bios and disclaimers.

Edwina the Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She Was Extinct by Mo Willems


We LOVE Mo Willems. Does he know? No I don't think he does...its our little secret. I am sure most of you are familiar with is pigeon books or his elephant and piggy books.  His books are absolutely hilarious. I could probably dedicate a whole post to his books. However, I won't. I will just tell you that this book is our fav. I think our favorite part may be the name of the leading character...just wait you will love it AND your kids will giggle every time you say it.

The Magic Tree House books by Mary Pope Osborne



These are perfect books for your slightly older reader. Each book is about something historical. Seriously her list is endless!! We started reading these to our boys in family reading time, and now our oldest can plop himself down and finish a book by himself. They are great for beginning/intermediate readers. The library ALWAYS has several in stock.

I would love to hear what some of your favorite children's books are. I am always on the look out for more books.

1 comment:

Neelans Family said...

It's the Bear! by Jez Alborough is one of my favs from Ems childhood.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...