Dec 14, 2009

Technically challenged

SO I drew the pattern for this food last Thursday...I had this clever idea to make the felt food the "recipe" for recipe Thursday. Alas, nothing worked as planned. I tried just scanning it in and hoping it would print off if you clicked on the picture link in the blog. False. That route cut off a good majority of the pattern. Then I had a genius idea to upload it into google documents and link that. Mostly false, that worked except that it shrunk the pattern. I think I could still get that option to work if I had patience and wanted to split the pattern up and figure out the scale adjustments...see doesn't that already sound like too much work?

Someone graciously emailed me a link to a free pdf converter. It worked like a charm...except now I am not sure how to make that link show on a blog...if you even can. SO here is my solution, it does take some part on your behalf...

Email me if you would like this pattern:



I will then email you back this pattern in pdf format and then attach typed out instructions. This doesn't seem very efficient and I assume there is a better way. I will figure it all out, but my brain was starting to read "blah, blah, blah" as I was trying this morning, so I decided to take a break from the sleuthing.

So, if you want this pattern (giving me some much needed positive reinforcement), my email address is on the side of the blog. I check it all the time.

PS I have been creating some other foods as well and would be willing to make up patterns for those too depending on how the response for this is.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Larissa, I just found your blog through Keri Lawson. It is good to see that your life is happy. I never knew you were so talented.

Jen Cornwell Deschamps

PS We were in OH for Thanksgiving and Cameron (Codd) mentioned you lived pretty close. How fun is that?

Abbie said...

I think e-mailing the file is the easiest way. I have already searched the internet to see if there is a way to attach a file to a blog, but as far as I can tell it is not an option. The only other thing I know about it to use a free file sharing site (like 4shared).

Amy said...

You can try this website
www.scribd.com
I use it on our preschool blog for our calendar, and I'm pretty sure you can print off the document.

Brandy@YDK said...

i'm in love with your blog. I can't wait to make some felt food. I'm all about making some felt stuff for my boy.

DeniseDZ said...

Hi! I would love to have the patterns, but I don't want to post my email address here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...