Sep 24, 2009

Thanks Picky Palate

I have learned to really like Picky Palate, plus hey I have seen her on Food Network so that totally gives her street cred.
I have several recipes that I have used from her site. This is an easy one.

I made it for my kids before a long church meeting and they liked them. I will warn that they only store so-so. As in almost all baked goods they get a wee bit crumbly.

Good Morning Breakfast Bars




14 oz can condensed milk
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
6 oz package of craisins
1/2 cup dried pineapple
1 cup Teddy Graham Trail Mix

Preheat oven to 250. Pour milk into a small saucepan over med/low heat and stir until warmed.  Place milk along with remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl. With a rubber spatural, stir until combined. Pour into a well greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake for 1 hour. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes. Cut into squares and continue to let cool. Store in air tight container.

Then the next day you can hand them to your blurry-eyed kids and say, "Well good morning!"

3 comments:

Keri said...

Very cute idea. do you knwo the sugar intake per bar? I might try those Im wondering what kind of protein I could add to that maybe some yogurt or fruit smoothy. I might have to try these. Thanks for your comment. Man I thought life would slow down once Spencer my youngest reached toddler hood, but in fact its just so absolutely nuts and beautiful all together. Its good to knwo youre there and understand how it is raising little men. Theyre my world and I am finding so much joy while they consume my days. I was just telling perry how everything has a time a season and my season is raising babies into boys. Its great. I love it. Im glad we were able to reconnect here online its great knowing other mommies of boys.

The Brugger Bunch said...

Well hello my friend! What a great idea!! I have been terrible at checking blogs this summer, so it was so much fun catching up with your sweet family! You are all so beautiful and we miss you so very much!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

I am a HUGE Picky Palate fan. Yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...