Sep 14, 2009

Sewing Projects for Those with Boys are Rare

True there are more sewing projects out there for little girls, but occasionally I find something I can do for my little men. I found this tie pattern at The Purl Bee FOREVER ago. I had the ties cut out for about a month. Then I finally got around to hand sewing the lining part. A month later I finally borrowed some one's sewing machine and sewed the one part that required a machine. Another month later I buckled down and got them done. Ta-dah!




I am going to take a stab at making my own pattern. This one was pretty helpful, but really only great for the 5-10 age group. If I alter this pattern to make one that is shorter and one that velcros I will pass on the wisdom. Look for it in oh probably 6 months! Haha.

7 comments:

Darcy said...

Thanks for sharing! I have been wanting to make a tie for my boys for awhile.

Amy said...

Very cute...now I just need some boys to make them for.

tara said...

you're great...have i told you that today? just thought you should know

Kinsey Pistorius said...

so creative! I have the hardest time finding ties for Drew's age!!! These look like ones you could buy at the children's place - great job!!! :)

ColleenandKendra said...

super cute!!! The boys AND the ties, I mean!

Stacey said...

K how cute are those!! If you will sell me one I will definatly buy one! They are super cute!

Abbie said...

Very cute. I might have to try that someday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...