Sep 20, 2009

Photography

I think one of the new "in" hobbies to adopt is photography. While I don't condone following the crowd...I am one of the cool kids so I kind of have to live up to my cool kid status by also adopting this new hobby.

Truth be told I have always liked taking pictures. The scrapbooker in me saw a new scrapbook page layout at every new step of our lives. In the absence of the funds to scrap, the loss of my sewing machine for crafting, and the addition of a fancy camera several months ago it was really quite inevitable that I turn to photography.

So here are some photos of my favorite subjects--my boys.

Notes:

I do have photoshop, but have not really learned to use it yet so these photos are unedited.

Cole is the main subject because he has crossed over to the easy age of photographing.

With the writing of this post I am in no way saying that I am the bomb diggity at this, just sharing the joy.











9 comments:

Amy said...

Cute pictures! Man, I wouldn't care if it was the nerdy thing to do...I still want to get a nice camera and learn more about photography. Anyway...you are awesome! We miss you all!

Corey and Jenessa said...

I sure do miss those boys...I hope that we can make it out there sometime :)

Stockhoff Family said...

They can't get any cuter than that!!!!! I am not biased!!! Nana

Mindy and Benjamin said...

i don't know lariss. those are some pretty darn cute boys and i think you took some great photos. again, nice work. but really, could you stop putting me to shame by having and being good at so many hobbies?? i feel so lazy now.

Holly Wilcox said...

Love them in front of the fence. You have natural talent!! Or- where are you learning this stuff? Just reading the camera manual or what?

Keri said...

I run a small, I mean teany photography business. it was rocking till i had my third child now im just enjoying it as a hobby but have lots of cool online programs to help dazzle my photos. It is one of my favorite hobbies youre gonna love it. youre pics are beautiful. its fun to get creative and let your imagination run wild with your camera.some of my most favorite shots are close up and details that most people wouldnt notice from a distant shot. just like that photo of you holding your sons hand on the way to school. those or just precious they really capture the inside of your heart dont they. good luck and have fun. do you have photoshop or paintshop pro. those are awesome. also since you love scrapbooking you should try Heritage makers its an online scrapbook store books, calenders, cards and much more. plus tons of scrapbook supplies. have fun cant wait to see more pics.

Abbie said...

Great pics. I think the reason that photography has become so popular is because normal people can finally afford to do it. Plus, with Photoshop it is so fun to enhance and scrapbook photos.

Dave Dyk said...

These are great! How can you not photograph those cute boys of yours?!

tara said...

those pictures of cole are ri-diculous. oh.my.gosh. those other boys are pretty darn cute too, but dang girl.
ps how do you get jack to keep his collar popped. luke will have none of it. good times. love ya girl. lookin good by the way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...