Sep 22, 2009

How 'Bout Them Apples


Can you hear that? No, really can you hear that?
I do believe the winds are changing. The heat is leaving. There is a crispness in the air. The leaves are going from green to golden.

Fall is here. And that is when, if you were listening really close, you would have heard me join in with the choirs of angels with a melodic ahhhhhh.
Our little fam kicked off fall with our traditional apple pickin'. It was a grand and glorious day with our favorite apple--the honeycrisp. Here is our photo diary of the trip...and yes we are all coordinating sorry it is a weakness. Photos omitted--Jack's evil face, Jack refusing to come out of the car, me making out with an apple, and trying to get Case to lick an apple.











7 comments:

Keri said...

too cute! I love how the boys are all matching and so clean looking. you need to teach me a thing or too about keeping boys clean and crisp. i cant mange to figure that trick out yet. ill have to send you a pic of how my kids look by mid day you'll laugh. Anmd look how cute you are holding youre little baby and your two boys walking in the middle of you and your hubby. i can tel youre holding yourself together well and enjoying you little family. what a neat tradition. now time to make apple pie huh! wish we lived closer it would fun to have our boys play together.

Kinsey Pistorius said...

that family picture is too cute! and personally, I love the coordinated outfits but i am dying to know how Spencer likes it? David would give me such a hard time and not because everyone looks alike but more because I am telling him he can't wear a plain old t-shirt! :)

JasonDebbie said...

Here is fall in the desert: "I can feel it in the air.....the freaking hot days.....the just as hot nights.....the duststorm blowing on my sunburned skin..." (now is the part where I roll my eyes and gag on my disgust of living in the desert. :)

ColleenandKendra said...

I so love the honeycrisp. I so miss fall up north. I sooooooo miss cider mills, apple picking, and freshly made doughnuts. Today we got a cold front and it went from 90 to 70, so it feels like fall here, too.

Amy said...

I want to see those omitted pictures! I'm sure they are great! I tried the brownie cookie treat, and my brownies were not working with me. I couldn't even get the things out of the pan with out a huge pile of brownie and cookie mess. So I mushed them altogether, added some cream cheese and dipped them in chocolate and they are pretty darn tasty.

Amanda said...

very cute pics. Seriously love the honeycrisp. I already ate one for breakfast today.

Dave Dyk said...

Love that tradition! Honeycrisp apples are the best! Yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...