Feb 17, 2009

Five Years Ago

Five years ago I officially became a mommy. Cole was definitely an answer to prayers and has added joy to our life ever since. He is definitely the right kid to pave the way for his other siblings. He leads, he teaches, he encourages, he takes care of AND of course he bosses, he manipulates, he takes advantage of his oldest status.

He amazes me every day. He makes me laugh every day. He makes me cry some days. He makes me tired most days. Occasionally he even has me questioning my sanity. After five years of days like these, I ask myself the cliche question, "Where has the time gone?" and then the terrifying thought comes, "How fast is the rest of the time going to go?"

So for today I will look at him and see the big boy he is and remember the tiny one he used to be. I will imagine him getting even smarter, even handsomer, even saucier, even more spiritual BUT I will try to live in the moment and be grateful for my now 5 Year Old.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE! We love you!

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Good old Wrigley apts.

I can't believe he is 5!

CRAZY!

Happy Birthday Cole!

Amanda said...

you haven't changed an ounce in 5 years! Happy birthday Cole!

The Brugger Bunch said...

Happy Birthday little man! I cannot believe that he is five already. YOu are the sweetest mama my friend! What a tender post.

V and Co. said...

holy moses! was it really that long ago since i went to your baby shower? happy birthday kid!

Stockhoff Family said...

Darling Grandson,

We love you so much. You are great big brother and a wonderful son. AND you are a very special grandson to Gramps and Nana. You make us smile and laugh. Hahhp Happy birthday

Nana an Gramps

Dave Dyk said...

Happy Birthday, Cole!

Nyree said...

Time flies by amazingly and unfortunately fast! I still remeber when you had him and adorable he always looked with his gorgeous big eyes! Happy Birthday Cole!

Stockhoff Family said...

Darling Cole we love you so much!!!!Nana and Grandpa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...