Oct 15, 2008

Prepping for Jack Being 2

One of my very first posts was a run down of things I had to get done for Cole's 4th birthday. Well, I am not going to post a run down for Jack's. For several reasons, 1) Who really wants to read that?, 2) I don't feel as overwhelmed with Jack's party, AND 3) Ultimately that is because he is turning 2 and I realized that I could show some control and plan a more subdued party, so there isn't much to list.

He is having a dinosaur hunt for his party. Mostly it is just a get together for him to play with his friends. The one activity I did plan is a dinosaur hunt. The kids are going to wear little explorer vests (brown paper bags), take their binoculars (toilet paper tubes), and search for dinosaur eggs (plastic Easter eggs) and then a real dinosaur. I am pretty much done with all of that. I think that the dinosaur hunt bags turned out pretty cute. They were pretty easy to make and really cheap. Don't look too close I do not claim to be an expert seamstress.

The only big thing I have left to make is the dinosaur cake. I found a picture online that I wanted to use, but there were no instructions, YIKES! Thankfully my friend Jenny is going to come over on Friday and we are going to "Ace of Cakes" that sucker! Anticipate pictures of our success!

8 comments:

Kinsey Pistorius said...

I love the dinosaur hunt idea and the supplies are so creative!!! Can't wait to see the pictures from the party and the cake. Happy Birthday, JACK!!!

Mindy and Benjamin said...

I love how your "low-key" parties are still cooler than my attempts at throwing a big party. Hope it turns out great!

Celeste said...

Fun! Logan had a dinasour cake when he turned two. We think alike! I love it.

tara said...

i second mindy...seriously, luke's "winnie the pooh" cake fell apart when it came out of the oven and we don't really know anyone, so he had an 18 month old and his parents over. woo hoo for being 2! could you please sell me some of your creativity? i'm pretty sure you have more than your share. i could use an implant of some of yours. thank you and have a great party!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

You are too creative... our poor child will probably be jipped! haha Please rub some of your creative genius on me!

Melanie said...

Once again, you WOW me. I'm speechless.

The Brugger Bunch said...

Holy cow my friend! My goodness, today I award you "The Mother of the Year Award". Tadaaaaaa! You are great, what a fun idea for a party! What a sweet mama you are!

Nyree said...

You make me crazy jealous of not just your creativity but your ability to tackle it! I always want to do cute things like this but I get way too stressed and overwhelmed. You are AMAZING! Miss ya

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...