Mar 30, 2008

Belated Bday, Blue and Yellow, and the Places Where Dreams Come True

Happy, Happy Birthday to me, to me! Okay so my birthday was awhile ago, but my present from Spencer was a girls' night away. He used some reward points to get me a room for a night away with my friend Amy. At first we were just going to stay in Columbus but then we had an "ah ha" moment and realized that IKEA had just opened up in Cincinnati (about 1 1/2 hours away), so that is right friends we had our girls' night down in Cincinnati....bonus our hotel was actually on the same street as the store. Can you hear the angels singing? We could.

Before IKEA we went out to dinner, where you can see Amy told them it was my birthday. Fortunately for her I had my camera. Good times. Also interesting piece of info is that after the singing all of the staff but the manager dispersed and he proceeded to ask how old I was and about my high school reunions, and a whole bunch of other random stuff...he seemed to think we were tight because we were both 28...oh wait or was he hitting on me because I am super hot. I think we all know that answer to that.

After the restaurant, we figured we would see if IKEA was still open. It looked like it was, people were still going in, so we followed. We found out in about 10 minutes that it had actually already closed. Oops! We still lingered because there were other people. They didn't technically kick anyone out for another 30 minutes. So we had time to lay out a game plan for the next day.

The next day, and what a day it was! IKEA didn't open until 10 so we had time to be leisurely. When we pulled in, well all I can say is that it was magical. This store has only been open for a couple of weeks so it was a little crowded but who cares. We were both all giggles and excitement, seriously I thought we were both going to explode from happiness...I know what you are thinking, no one should be that happy to be at a store, but we were. I found my dream kitchen and of course we snapped a picture of me "washing my hands". I am pretty sure the couple there at the time thought we were nuts.

We had such a great time, and we both came away with some fun finds, and no one worry, although we wanted to go crazy, we only purchased practical things.

So thank you Spencer for the night away, thank you Tyler for letting Amy join me, thank you Amy for being a great friend and mutual admirer of IKEA, and thank you IKEA for being a place where dreams come true!



Impromptu Birthday Song

Two Cute Girls with my Bday Ice Cream


AHHHH...Choirs Singing


Welcome to IKEA

Oh Sweet Kitchen, See You in my Dreams

6 comments:

JasonDebbie said...

Nerd alert!! j/k, You like to go to Ikea, I like to go to the Star Trek exhibit, whatever suits you right? :) I've never actually even been to Ikea so maybe I should go and then we could share happy ikea stories! Happy late birthday by the way!

Jessica said...

I am sooo jealous. Not just the fact that you got to go to IKEA (we have one close by) but that you got to go away with a friend overnight, and that you could stay in IKEA as long as you wanted. Whenever I go, I put my kids in the kidcare, where they're only allowed for 1 measily hour. So I always end up rushing through the store and missing 90% of it. So congrats on a great girls weekend and the joy of having IKEA in town

Nyree said...

Well I'm a great friend! Sorry I missed your birthday. Looks like you had a great time. HAppy Birthday!

Holly Wilcox said...

I am sooooo jealous!! Happy b-day! We are going to have to plan another trip down there.

Susie said...

Guess what!?! For your birthday, I created a blog. Aren't I a nice friend? Not really. I'm a terrible friend, and I know it. But recognizing the problem is the first step to recovery. Blah, blah, blah. You are so cool and your blog is sweet. Mine is retarted, (and I can't even spell that right!) but you're welcome to peek at it. I hope you had a good birthday though, even if you don't like my blog. :) You're 23, right?

FoSHO said...

Larissa

Hey it's adam blacker from freshman year i got your blog adress from on debbie's. Looks like everything is going great. I'd love to hear back and see how you're doing

adameyedoc@gmail.com
adam blacker

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...